How to install monitor driver? I have sa220q abi monitor.

white31
white31 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 23 in Monitors

I have sa220q abi monitor. It does not came with installation disc. I went on the page where it says to enter serial number or snid, I entered both but pressing "enter" not working. Searching I found acer sa220q driver, downloaded and extracted but it has .hlkx file which my win 7 can't open. So, how to find and install the driver?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,160 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello! You have to install the .inf file through device manager:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,734 Trailblazer

This 75Hz monitor resolution won't be supported with W7 60Hz no matter what driver you install. Don't flash firmware on your legacy PC as you will crash or brick it. Are you using a HDMi port or VGA?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,160 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello! You have to install the .inf file through device manager:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • white31
    white31 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hdmi. I'm not sure 75Hz is supported or not but windows has set 75Hz refresh rate (even without this driver), I have Amd card and freesync enabled. I downloaded driver for win 7 64 bit from here: https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/SA220Q Will it crash it? The only concern I have that that driver is for sa220q model and mine is sa220q abi.

I installed driver as you show, thanks! It's sadly that serial/model entering does not work on the webpage, I don't wish to install additional tools on my system.