Are these old hard drive compatable with my Orion 3000 po3-630 Pc?

FamiZoom
FamiZoom Member Posts: 5 New User

I found 2 hard drives laying around and want to use them in my Orion 3000 po3-630 pc but they are old. The first one is the WD10EARS from Western Digital with 1 TB of memory while the other one is just 500 GB Hard Drive Maxtor Diamondmax 22 STM3500320AS

Answers

• FamiZoom

Also i think they have diffrent connectors for power and i need to buy new power cables for them

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer

Your PO3-630 has connectors on the motherboard that can provide power to SATA HDDs. They are #12 and #13 on this diagram. If they don't have cables in them, and there weren't cables for them in the box, then you will have to get cables.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FamiZoom

Thanks. But do you know if I can use them for my pc?

• billsey

You can use any two SATA drives, 3.5" or 2.5", though there isn't provision for an optical drive. The drive cage has places for both:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FamiZoom

So i removed the gpu so i could put in the data cable. I have 1 power cable but idk if it will power the P2 or P3 output to the driver. And the red cable is the data cable connected too the left port. And I'm using the WD10EARS from Western Digital with 1 TB of memory.

• billsey

It looks like you should be good to go. The power cable going to the HDD cage is large enough to handle two drives.