AcerPredator Orion 3000 PO3-650 Desktop Startup/power issue

Jordant03
Jordant03 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 18 in Predator Desktops

hello,

I have a ACER Predator Orion 3000 PO3-650 Gaming PC - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB HDD & 1 TB SSD.

The computer can work fine but then sometimes when I go to turn it on, nothing happens. A few days later (after not going near it) it will just turn on and then work completely fine.

anyone had similar or any suggestions on how to fix?

Answers

• Jordant03
    Jordant03 Member Posts: 2 New User

Anyone have any suggestions? It will be fine for days/weeks then randomly go off and not turn back on for days/weeks as if nothing happened

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,368 Trailblazer

We likely need to figure out first of all what state it gets into where it seems to be off but actually isn't or where is actually if off but will not turn on. When you say it "randomly go off" is it possibly going into a sleep mode or shutting down due to thermal overload? Does it happen while you are using it, or when it's idle and you are not watching. When you can't turn it back on, have you tried pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds or so, then releasing it and trying again to turn it on normally?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer

If your PO3-650 is still under Acer warranty, then contact Acer tech support and send/take your desktop to Acer in your country. Also, check the power setting in Win-11 as that could be turning your desktop off or you might have a USB connected hub or peripheral(s) that is causing a short and turning your desktop prematurely of. The other issue that this desktop has is that a community member reported that he had a power button issue, where the power button assembly fell apart, so your power button might not be making contact and that is why you can't turn the desktop on after its gone into a sleep mode or off. Good luck and hope this helps you out further.

PO3-650 Exploded Diagram

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍