The temperature is around 70-90.Several features cannot be used Predator Helios Neo 16

Atolll
Atolll Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited July 17 in Predator Laptops

I have an Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 which is only 4 months old, but why does it feel hot this week when playing Valorant? The temperature is around 70-90 but only on the CPU, the GPU is normal and why is it that after updating the Predator Sense software there are several features that can't be used? ?.can anyone help me about this?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer
    edited July 18

The Predator PHN16-71 laptop is a gaming laptop and its designed specifically for high temps and temps like 70-90C are very normal while playing a game like Valorant. Install the NVidia GeForce Experience software and play your games through this software's NVidia settings for your RTX 40xx gpu of your laptop and update the gpu NVidia game ready driver through this NVidia software too. Make sur that you have the last bios verion installed and all windows updates and Intel updates for your laptop as doing all this will make your laptop perform at its peak gaming performance. Good luck

These are the Acer tested PHN16-71 laptop max quoted Acer temps:

• CPU TCC Trigger: 92C
    • OS Shut Down: Trigger = 110C
    • EC Shut Down: Trigger = 110C
    • H/W Shut down: Trigger = 95C

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍