Acer Predator Helios 300 2022 - Battery Suddenly Depleted from 80k mWh to Around 700 mWh

Sanjay999
Sanjay999 Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm experiencing a similar issue with my laptop battery. Over just three days, the capacity dropped drastically from 80k mWh to around 700 mWh. I've tried everything: resetting drivers, performing power cycles, and even restoring Windows to factory settings, but the battery still doesn't last more than two minutes on a full charge. I have also opened the computer to see for any physical damage to the battery and found nothing.

I bought this laptop in November 2022, and it's already having major issues in less than two years. I always used the original charger and kept the battery charge limit set to 80%. This problem just started recently.

I've attached my battery report for reference. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer
    edited July 17

First of all, the 80% charge limit that the Acer Care Centre has is a gimmick and should not be set or used, always charge the battery to 100% and keep your laptop plugged in 24/7 into the mains power when using it as a desktop computer.

What has happened to your battery in your Predator PH315-55 is that its soldered fuse has blown and that has stopped the battery charging and has locked the battery, this can happen if the battery has overheated, had a power surge and/or the laptops charging rail is faulty or you were unlucky to have an oem battery that has developed a problem within its mainboard and cause the battery to fail. The only options that you have is to either buy a new battery and see if this fixes the issue and the new battery charges and doesn't lock or take your laptop to a technician that has a battery analyzer and can pinpoint exactly the reason why your battery has locked and/or has these problems, as a 2 year old battery in a laptop should be working and charging 100% and not lock up. Good luck and let us know how what solutions you took.

PH315-55 oem batteries

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍