How to add Memory card in Acer Predator PO3-630 as my storage is full

sunhaa
sunhaa Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 14 in Predator Desktops

My storage is full (1TB), so I was thinking of adding another memory card. I don't know a lot about PCs, so I don't know which card i need or how to install it in my PC. I have an extra SSD card (Verbatim Vi550 S3, 2,5'' SATA III 7mm), can I install this in my PC, or do I need to buy something else? In that case, which one? And is there even space for another memory card? Appreciate all answers!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited July 15 Answer ✓

The PO3-640 desktop has 2x M.2 SSD slots and 2x SATA 3 type plugs that you can fit either a 3.5" mechanical drives or 2.5" mechanical or SSD drives. I don’t know which 1TB storage drive of your desktop is full, but if its the boot drive then this drive is the M.2 SSD boot drive at #8 which is an M.2 PCI-E 4.0 X4 type drive and at #20 M.2 slot which is also an M.2 PCIe4x4 type slot.

You can have 2x SATA drives with the PO3-640 desktop, and add that 2.5" SSD Verbatim Vi550 S3, SATA III drive that you have and connect it to the SATA 3 plugs at # 10 and place the drive into the HDD space at the bottom of the desktop space.

You will also need a data and power cable (which you should have included with this desktop) that the data cable needs to be connected to one of the SATA plugs at #10 and at #16 you need to connect the power connector (see caption below for this cable) so that your Verbatim Vi550 S3 SSD drive will work. It’s a simple process to add a new SATA drive, as all you need is a SATA data cable and a power cable to connect to the Verbatim drive. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

PO3-mainboard

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited July 15 Answer ✓

The PO3-640 desktop has 2x M.2 SSD slots and 2x SATA 3 type plugs that you can fit either a 3.5" mechanical drives or 2.5" mechanical or SSD drives. I don’t know which 1TB storage drive of your desktop is full, but if its the boot drive then this drive is the M.2 SSD boot drive at #8 which is an M.2 PCI-E 4.0 X4 type drive and at #20 M.2 slot which is also an M.2 PCIe4x4 type slot.

You can have 2x SATA drives with the PO3-640 desktop, and add that 2.5" SSD Verbatim Vi550 S3, SATA III drive that you have and connect it to the SATA 3 plugs at # 10 and place the drive into the HDD space at the bottom of the desktop space.

You will also need a data and power cable (which you should have included with this desktop) that the data cable needs to be connected to one of the SATA plugs at #10 and at #16 you need to connect the power connector (see caption below for this cable) so that your Verbatim Vi550 S3 SSD drive will work. It’s a simple process to add a new SATA drive, as all you need is a SATA data cable and a power cable to connect to the Verbatim drive. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

PO3-mainboard

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍