How can I connect speaker to my acer moniter ( ED320QR ) .

yogeshguleria
yogeshguleria Member Posts: 1 New User

I want to connect an external speaker to my monitor, as the monitor does not have an inbuilt speaker. In audio settings, it has volume and mute options.
I am thinking of connecting the speaker to the audio in port on the back of the monitor.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,303 Pathfinder

To connect external speakers to your Acer ED320QR monitor, you cannot directly connect them to the monitor itself, as the monitor does not have built-in speakers or an audio output port.The only audio-related port on the ED320QR is an audio input, which is used to pass audio from a PC to the monitor's headphone jack. This means you have a few options to get sound:

1. Use the monitor's headphone jack and connect your speakers or headphones directly to the monitor. 
    2. Connect your PC's audio output directly to your external speakers or a sound system using an audio cable. The monitor will not be involved in this connection. 
    3. Use a gaming headset connected directly to your PC for audio, bypassing the monitor entirely. 

The ED320QR model does not support connecting external speakers directly to the monitor.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer

If the monitor has an audio in port, then the monitor has built in speakers. If the port is an audio out port, then it does not have built in speakers. Connect your speakers to the audio out port.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.