Ram upgrade "beep" continuously on Acer PO3-640

Coteee
Coteee Member Posts: 1 Newbie

I bought the Crucial Pro RAM 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MT/s to upgrade my ram (16GB) and when I plug in my computer it beeps continuously and refuses to turn on.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer

Ram compatibility depends on allot of factors like and one of the main is bios, make sure that your PO3-640 has the last version R01-B1 bios and see if the Crucial 2x 16GB DDR4-3200MHz modules work with the PO3-640 mainboard after you have updated the bios, also check the DIMMs if they don't have damaged pins as that could also cause the problem that you are experiencing. The PO3-540 oem ram specs are DDR4-3200MHz and are the same as you have from Crucial, so the ram that you bought should work.

Also, make sure that you position the Crucial 32GB kit modules like listed below into this desktop DIMMs. Below are the full memory specs and modules recommended for the PO3-640 desktop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

List of all the modules recommended by Acer for the PO3-640 desktop from its service guide.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer

If you put that memory in you have to setup XMP in the BIOS, and you can't have any of the stock memory installed, since it isn't XMP. If you mix XMP and non-XMP everything runs at the lower of the base frequency of the XMP or the base frequency of the non-XMP. Typically on your system that would mean dropping the speed to 2133 or 2400. My suggestion is to send that memory back and buy the memory that matches the speed of your existing memory.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.