Acer Nitro ANV15-51 temperature increase after BIOS update

Options
floppaonsnoww
floppaonsnoww Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 11 in Nitro Gaming

Today I installed a bios update onto my laptop, after the update my laptop automatically restarted. And problems started happening, my ssd wasnt being registered properly, I had to disable VMD controller from bios just to get it working.

And that is not all, my temperatures somehow increased by about 5-10 degrees both for gpu and cpu which is not normal at least for me. (The temperatures are in an acceptable range, but the temperature increase is not normal after the update)

And I cannot revert back to a previous bios. I had no previous issues before.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,843 Trailblazer
    edited July 11
    Options

Your Nitro ANV15-51 should be still under Acer 12 months warranty, and if your laptop overheats and has any problems after a bios update, you should consult Acer tech support in your country for this problem that a bios update has caused. If you updated your Nitro ANV15-51 laptop to the last bios version 1.14, as far as Acer is concerned, this bios update "Improves  system stability" and you should know that a bios update is not a must do update or is it a compulsory update to do, as a bios update should only be updated if your laptop has a "system stability problem" before you updated to the bios version 1.14, which this bios fixes. Also, the Insyder Acer bios software does not allow a bios to be downgraded with applying an earlier bios version, for all these bios issues, ask Acer tech support for the proper solutions. Good luck and hope this helps you out

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍