XF253QZ bmiiprx monitor compatibility with G-SYNC Compatible

Antis
Antis Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 9 in Monitors

Hello. I'm considering buying a 24.5 VA 250 Hz monitor model XF253QZ bmiiprx, but i want make sure how good G-SYNC Compatible will work there. I know this model is not officially compatible, but the monitor has Freesync Premium, which means that the G-SYNC function can be enabled in the Nvidia Panel if i connect the monitor via Displayport. I had a similar monitor on the same panel from Phillips and there adaptive synchronization did not work correctly, causing the backlight to flicker a lot. Does anyone use this monitor with G-SYNC Compatible? Also i think KG251Q Zbiip technically identical to XF253QZ bmiiprx and for this model is true in exactly the same way. Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,303 Pathfinder

The Acer XF253QZ monitor is not officially G-SYNC Compatible, but it has FreeSync Premium which means you can enable G-SYNC in the Nvidia control panel when connected via DisplayPort. However, there are no guarantees that G-SYNC will work perfectly, as you experienced flickering issues with a similar Phillips monitor using the same panel.

The Acer KG251Q Zbiip appears to be technically identical to the XF253QZ, so the same G-SYNC compatibility concerns likely apply. Without official G-SYNC certification, you may encounter issues like flickering or tearing.

If you want a guaranteed smooth G-SYNC experience, it's best to choose a monitor that is officially certified as G-SYNC Compatible by Nvidia. The Acer Predator XB253QGX is one such monitor that offers a 240Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, and G-SYNC compatibility.

Check below link for certified monitors-

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Antis
    Antis Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your reply. It is clear that without G-SYNC compatibility certification the work of adaptive synchronization is not guaranteed. Therefore, I was hoping that maybe someone has this monitor and, miraculously, everything works well there without certification. XB253QGX is interesting model, but I wanted VA instead of IPS to get more contrast.

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,303 Pathfinder
    edited July 10

That's why you need a certified monitor. VA panels with VRR often exhibit a lot of smearing and flickering. Therefore, you should look for a VA-certified G-Sync monitor and check reviews on YouTube and buy which one gives lowest or acceptable flikerring, smearing.

If a monitor is not officially certified as G-SYNC compatible by Nvidia, it may still work with G-SYNC, but the experience could be inconsistent or have issues like screen tearing, stuttering, or flickering.Uncertified monitors that claim to be G-SYNC compatible are hit-or-miss. Some may work well, but others may have compatibility problems.

Nvidia's official G-SYNC certification ensures a monitor meets their standards for a seamless G-SYNC experience.Without official certification, there's no guarantee the monitor will provide a good G-SYNC experience. It's best to stick with Nvidia's list of certified G-SYNC compatible monitors to ensure you get the full benefits of the technology and avoid potential issues. Trying an uncertified monitor is a bit of a gamble, as the performance can vary greatly.

Additionally, VA panels suffer in gaming due to low response time cause blurry movements. OLED monitors can provide both contrast and response time, but they are a bit costly.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566