Nitro 5 - AN517-55-58DZ . want to complete a factory reset but it just won't let me.

Lambouk
Lambouk Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited July 7 in Nitro Gaming

Hi, I'm selling my Laptop and i want to complete a factory reset but it just won't let me. i've tried through windows and via the boot settings screen. its just stops and takes me back to my windows. I don't really want to complete a re-install as the person buying it doesn't know anything about PC's and they probably wont know how to reinstall all the drivers etc…. please can someone help?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,169 Trailblazer
    edited July 7

If you can't restore your laptop with the Acer apps or Windows Reset option "without losing your files" try the reset option "with losing your files", this will reformat the boot drive. Just type Reset in the Search bar and select that option. If none works it means your recovery volume on the boot drive is gone or corrupted. Try to boot with the Windows Recovery disk that you can make on another PC with the same Windows version, and select reset in the blue Troubleshoot menu (before Advanced). If that fails too you will have to do a Clean Install with an Installation USB flash drive that has the Windows OS ISO image on it. The drivers will be installed automatically, all you need to download from Acer Support is NitroSense, you don't need anything else.

• Lambouk
    Lambouk Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

hi mate. I’ve tried both of the resets in Windows and nothing. I tried a window recovery disc and the repair didn’t come up on the load in tabs. I then tried to complete a full reinstall of windows and when the destination bit come up, it wasn’t seeing my SSD. but in windows it’s there. Thanks. Please help someone. 👍