Predator PH16-71 and run into some issues with CPU temps. HW or FW issue?

honzaZahCZ
honzaZahCZ Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited July 6 in Predator Laptops

Hello, I'm using the Predator PH16-71 and run into some issues with CPU temps.

In the predator sense app the CPU temperature is stuck on 25°C, fans don't run even on 100% load, the temperature doesn't change. I checked with HWMonitor, the temperatures reported by CPU are correct, but the temperature from motherboard is stuck and doesn't change. Is this an software bug, that could be fixed by me, or is the motherboard gone?

Thanks for any help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer

At idle and when the laptop is not being used for gaming the 25C temps are correct, test the temps under gaming or after you have played an intensive CPU/GPU game and see if those temps have changed. The below spec tables are of the CPU/GPU from the Acer tested CPU/GPU temps and fan rpm specs for the i9-13900HX CPU as quoted by Acer in the PH16-71 service guide, so see if your PH16-71 meets these specs, as a constant 25C temp is impossible for the CPU/GPU temps to be and there is definitely something wrong and needs inspecting by a technician as there is either a hardware fault or a software fault. If your laptop is under Acer warranty send your PH16-71 to Acer in your country. Good luck and hope this has helped you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍