My Acer aspire 3 only charges for around a couple of seconds/minutes when plugged in and then stops

BileIbrahim
BileIbrahim Member Posts: 1 Newbie

My acer aspire 3 every time i plug it in it only charges for a couple of seconds and ive tried so many things to make it charge. When i plug my charger in there is a little screeching sound for the little time it charges and then it stops charging. Are there any ways to fix it without taking apart the entire device and i need the fastest proffesional answer becuase my laptop is soon to run out of power.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,159 Trailblazer

Don't deplete your battery otherwise you won't be able to do anything anymore, Order a new adapter or if you can borrow an adapter from a friend that has a similar laptop DC slot. You are mentioning your full model number so I can't recommend an adapter but if you copy the model number and Watt of your present power adapter you can google that, verify the size of the plug pin as that is very important, also if this is not the original adapter that came with laptop it may have an incompatible plug for your DC port and that can cause the problem (and that sound) you are experiencing. If you give us your full laptop model, we can check the correct adapter plug size.😉