Acer Predator Orion 5000 PO5-640Can’t seem to access BIOS on startup

Options
Siokri
Siokri Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 5 in Predator Desktops

My PC is an Acer Predator Orion 5000 PO5-640. I was trying to disable the startup sound as it is startlingly loud with my new stereos and I noticed my Predator Sense does not have the options in advanced settings (in fact it only has temperature unit option there? Seems weird). Well I went on to do it on startup like googling guided me to do, and pressing ’del’ while rebooting does nothing. I also don’t see the Predator logo at all on startup, I just get the sound.

Is reinstalling my best bet? I’ve been trying to avoid it because it’s such a hassle.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,545 Trailblazer
    Options

Try pressing and holding the DEL key when you first turn it on, don't wait for the logo or sound.
    Once the BIOS is up, go to Boot Options:

The one you are looking for is POST Animation and Sound.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,528 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is a simpler way to get into bios through Win-11 OS if you can access the OS. do the following:

System > Recovery > Advanced Startup > Restart Now > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,545 Trailblazer
    Options

Heheh, seven steps is simpler than holding a key press? :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Siokri
    Siokri Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 6
    Options

As my problem was that the key press did not work (I typed this in my question): yes, seven steps was a pretty simple solution 😅

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,528 Trailblazer
    Options

If the key press to get into a bios doesn't work then it sure is😂

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍