Connect Enduro M3, battery gets very warm

Options
ueberhof
ueberhof Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello

I bought an Acer Connect Enduro M3 recently.

I'm happy with the wifi performance, BUT the battery gets very warm and the lifetime is very limited. Less than 20h even only in standby mode.

When charging it gets even worse and the unit ask you to stop charging because the battery is too warm.

Anybody had the same issue?

Best regards Michael

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,525 Trailblazer
    Options

When a laptop’s battery gets excessively warm, it can be concerning and for a new laptop it should not be happening. Consult Acer in your country and get your laptop checked out as it could be a fire hazard and very dangerous.

These are some possible reasons and solutions of why your battery is getting very warm:

1. Intensive Tasks and Battery Heat:
    2. Battery Chemistry:
    3. AC Adapter Heat:
    4. Optimizing Laptop Cooling:

Remember, maintaining proper ventilation and avoiding prolonged high temperatures is essential for the longevity of your laptop. If the issue persists, consider consulting a professional technician to assess the laptop’s cooling system and battery health. 😊🔍

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,545 Trailblazer
    Options

Needless to say, the Acer Connect Enduro M3 isn't a laptop. :) It's actually a lot closer to a phone than to a laptop. Are you using the stock charger or a different charger? It may be that some of the fast chargers will put to much current in, which could cause excessive heating. If it's the stock charger then it's probably appropriate to reach out to Acer support. It might get warm while charging in normal circumstances, but it shouldn't be getting hot enough to cause warnings like that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ueberhof
    ueberhof Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the answer billsey.
    There was no stock charger in the box. But worse is that the battery gets warm even during normal operation when the unit is unplugged from charging.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,545 Trailblazer
    Options

Battery getting warm with use it normal, battery getting hot with use is abnormal, but the difference between warm and hot can be subjective…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.