XC-1760 Goes to super-slow mode after start-up if not used within 2 minutes.

Options
Dionysus
Dionysus Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Only at start-up, if I do not use the mouse within a couple of minutes, the computer goes into a super-slow mode, where if I try to open anything, it will take forever. I have to turn the computer off and reboot it, then it works fine. This only happens at start-up. I have had the computer for 7 months and this just started happening.

I am running Windows 11, Home edition, on an Acer Aspire XC-1760, desktop, which I love.

Thanks for any help,

Best Answer

• Dionysus

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for your suggestions. I was trying to run an old Microsoft IntelliMouse which was not supported by Win 11. That is what was causing the problem. As soon as I replaced it with a Logitech G502 Hero, with Win 11 software, the problem disappeared. I also deleted the old software.

Thanks again Alejandro and Billsey.

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,456 Trailblazer
    Options

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,545 Trailblazer
    Options

So there have been a lot of different configurations of the XC-1760 models. IIRC they came with a 12th gen i3, i5 or i7, 4GB, 8GB or 16GB of memory and a 256GB, 512GB or 1TB SSD or a 1TB or 2TB HDD. Which combination matches your specs? Next question, which antivirus are you running? The one that came bundled with it or something different? Typically that type of symptom can be traced to a lot of disk access. That might be due to a failing drive as Alejandro suggests, memory being swapped to disk due to low resources or a task running (like a virus scan) that's constantly accessing the disk.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dionysus

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for your suggestions. I was trying to run an old Microsoft IntelliMouse which was not supported by Win 11. That is what was causing the problem. As soon as I replaced it with a Logitech G502 Hero, with Win 11 software, the problem disappeared. I also deleted the old software.

Thanks again Alejandro and Billsey.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,456 Trailblazer
    Options

Thanks to you for commenting on it.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp)