I bought an Acer Nitro AN-17 It has been beeping & notifying me power disconnected, on battery power

Options
Fraidknot
Fraidknot Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 5 in Nitro Gaming

It has been beeping & notifying me power disconnected, on battery power*, then beeping again about 10 seconds later that it is reconnected to power supply*.

*(not exact phrasing on notification)

So I had to send Laptop into Acer Repair, of course I wiped it b4 it went for security purposes.

Unfortunately Acer sent with shipping (FedEx Ground)

They had it 2 days in repair & replaced the power port, claiming they could not duplicate the issues. I think it took 11 days, shipping, "repair" time & the weekend.

I reloaded everything & it continued doing the same thing. I waited a week or two & couldn't take it any longer. They had me send it in again.

They had the laptop for over a week "diagnosing" & claimed they couldn't duplicate the issue. Sent it back & I got my laptop back two weeks from ship day.

I reloaded everything & it continued to do it again. So I tried 3 different outlets to see if it was that outlet. I changed power cord to power pack. I put a different power supply.

Still no change. Continued to beep (now most beeps no longer had notifications).

So I unplugged it. HOURS without beeps. It had the battery low notification. I plugged it in. It was at 20%. Then NitroSense notified me it was LOCKED into Balance Mode. Something to do with charging I think?

I went to Task Manager angered that NitroSense was LOCKED in Balance Mode. I shut down NitroSense. Then, I noticed no more beeping. Now I uninstalled NitroSense.

I need a Replacement for NitroSense. My Keyboard is dull orange, not bright enough for my taste.

Is there a substitute for NitroSense?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 10,001 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,
    Balanced Power Plan is Windows new default power plan that cannot be changed when Windows Modern Standby is enabled, Acer technician may have set that to improve your charging issue. The beeping is an Acer Power feature whenever there is a change in the adapter power supply detected, all laptop models have that. If you want to use Best Performance plan you can set that in Power & Battery settings (battery icon taskbar) "Power mode". It appears that your power adapter is not powerful enough, there are 330-Watt power adapters for the AN17-51 and other large laptop models, you could consider that.

• Fraidknot
    Options

It was on Performance before it GLITCHED OUT with the Beeps.

It is beeping without moving or being plugged in or unplugged.

I've never had a worse experience with a Computer.

Now there is NO WAY to enable the Backlit Keyboard function!

• Fraidknot
    Options

BTW- I have 2 ea Liteon PA1331-99 330.0w 19.5v 16.9a chargers