Help with new screen replacement software issue for Aspire 5 a514-51kg-34q1

Options
SilentSeeker12
SilentSeeker12 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 4 in Aspire Laptops

so i just recently change my laptop screen since it was broken
but the thing is, the screen doesn't work properly when you get into windows
so the screen work normally when you boot up ( the acer logo loading) but as soon as it enters windows the screen just fade black off ( its fade to turn off, not like black screen because theres no backlight at all)

so some stuff that i already tried is :
- go into safe mode which actually work normally
- turning off the integrated display (HD 620) which work but have some problem on display setting ( it refuse to use nvidia display for heavy apps)
- update my intel display to the latest (which is already outdated long ago, so actually no new update)
- uninstall my driver to let it installed the default again
- for the nvidia display issue, already tried to make the global setting to use nvidia GPU but testing opening some games, it doesnt seem that its using the nvidia GPU at all (which is a problem since i do open some editing software)
- switch back to my old broken screen (works perfectly fine)
- use 2 extended screen (a monitor and TV, which is fine also)

anyone know the specific problem or solution for this?

Thank you

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,972 Trailblazer
    edited July 4
    Options

This is exactly the reason that I am always recommending leaving technical repairs to qualified technicians endorsed by Acer, contrary to suggestions often made on this forum for DIY of soldering, replacing panels, hinges or even complete motherboards. You can still send the laptop to Acer Services in your country, but they may want to replace the screen and then you will have doubled your repair costs, Repairs done by Acer Services will also come with a guarantee that the laptop will work 100%.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,517 Trailblazer
    Options

You must have bought the wrong screen for the A514-51 laptop, below are all the screens listed in the Acer Aspire A514-51 service guide so first establish the exact screen model by installing HWiNFO and look under Monitor in this software as it will tell you your Aspire A514-51 exact screen model number and then compare it to the listed screens below and buy the proper and recommended Acer screen for your laptop.

Note: when you change screens and disconnect the eDP cable make sure that the laptop main battery is disconnected and the adapter is also disconnected, as having any power to the laptop will damage the laptop and your laptop will not boot up.

Aspire A514-51 screens

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍