How to re-enable VMD in Aspire 7 A715-51G

Options
MohamedWalid
MohamedWalid Member Posts: 1 New User

I have encountered previously the blue screen of death, saying inaccessible boot device, and the solution was to disable the VMD controller from the bios, now I want to re-enable it, but every time I do so the blue screen returns, Is there any solution, I have the latest bios version provided from acer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,517 Trailblazer
    Options

To re-enable VMD (Volume Management Device) on your Acer Aspire 7 A715-51G, follow these steps:

1. Access Safe Mode:
      • Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
      • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
      • In the System Configuration window, go to the “Boot” tab.
      • Check the “Safe boot” option and select “Minimal.”
      • Click “Apply” and then “OK.”
      • Restart your computer.
    2. Access BIOS:
      • After restarting, enter the BIOS settings by pressing the appropriate key during boot (usually F2 or Del).
      • Look for the VMD controller option in the BIOS settings.
    3. Enable VMD Controller:
      • Find the VMD controller setting (it may be under Advanced or similar).
      • Enable the VMD controller.
      • Save your changes and exit the BIOS.
    4. Reboot Normally:
      • Let your computer boot normally.
      • Windows will install the correct driver for the VMD controller without causing blue screen issues.

Remember to follow these steps carefully, and you should be able to re-enable VMD on your Acer Aspire 7 A715-51G.😊

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,963 Pathfinder
    Options

@MohamedWalid

Go to the BIOS by rapidly tapping F2 right after you press the power button. Navigate to the Main tab, press CTRL+S, and the VMD controller should pop up.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!