(Swift 3 SF314-52-58TX) Unable to sign into account + cannot reset

Options
clues
clues Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited July 4 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello,

I’m experiencing an issue with my Swift 3 SF314-52-58TX laptop. So I just replaced my battery and when I went to reboot it, there was some update going on the Acer screen (can’t remember exactly).

I signed into my account as normal, but this time around, there was a “Preparing Windows” message after the normal “Welcome”

Once I signed in, I receive this message:

So I signed out > signed in > preparing windows (for ~2-5 minutes) > we can’t sign in to your account

I thought it was an issue with my account itself, so I didn’t mind creating a new account, but it wouldn’t even let me (wouldn’t let me click create a new account)

I tried doing a Windows 11 repair version update twice, but that also failed to install twice. All my downloaded apps are still here, but all my files are non-surprisingly wiped out.

Then I was tried resetting it multiple times (Remove everything, local/cloud windows). It would start resetting, but then “undo changes” around half-way through and bring me to this homepage:

From what I’ve tried:
Continue » “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made”

Use a device » I don’t have one

Troubleshoot » Reset PC » fails to reset

Troubleshoot » Advanced Mode » Startup settings » Safe mode » Log in » still unable to “sign into my account”

Turn off your PC/ Restart PC » does nothing (brings me back to the “we can’t sign in to your account message)

I’m sure a lot of my attempts were futile, but I’m honestly not really sure what I’m doing either…

If anyone has the slightest clue of what to do/ what’s wrong, please leave a suggestion :’)

TYIA

Answers