How to reverse clone on 1tb nvme drive on nvme drive enclosure on diskgenius V5.6.0.1565 x64 on wind

Options
Ultraspikemaster
Ultraspikemaster Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

ow 11 on laptop?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,959 Trailblazer
    edited July 4
    Options

If D: is your external drive it shows 219GB not 1TB? Reformat your external USB drive and don't use 3rd-party backup/cloning programs but just use the oldest and easiest Windows7 Backup Image creator app in Control Panel Windows10-11 to backup the entire boot drive (all 3 volumes) to a VHD image file on the external USB drive (see red circles on picture below):

At the end it will ask you to make a Windows Recovery USB disk, if you don't have one already make one as you need that to restore the backup image file. Note the backup VHD file can also be mounted in any version of File Explorer to browse and/or copy your files.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,506 Trailblazer
    Options

To reverse clone a 1TB NVMe drive to another NVMe drive using DiskGenius, follow these steps:

1. Connect the Drives:
      • Attach the source 1TB NVMe drive and the target NVMe drive (in the enclosure) to your computer.
      • Make sure both drives are detected by your system.
    2. Install DiskGenius:
      • If you haven’t already, download and install DiskGenius.
    3. Open DiskGenius:
      • Launch DiskGenius and wait for it to recognize the connected drives.
    4. Select the Source Drive:
      • In DiskGenius, locate your 1TB NVMe drive (the source drive) in the list of disks.
      • Right-click on it and choose “Clone Partition” or “Clone Disk.”
    5. Choose the Target Drive:
      • Select the target NVMe drive (the one in the enclosure) as the destination.
      • Ensure that the target drive has sufficient space to accommodate the entire source drive.
    6. Configure Cloning Options:
      • DiskGenius will prompt you to choose the cloning method (sector-by-sector or file-based). For most cases, file-based cloning is recommended.
      • Confirm the settings and proceed.
    7. Start the Cloning Process:
      • Click “Start” to begin the cloning process.
      • DiskGenius will create a copy of the source drive on the target drive.
    8. Verify the Cloned Drive:
      • Once the process completes, verify that the target NVMe drive contains all the data from the source drive.
      • You can also check if the target drive is bootable (if it’s a system drive).
    9. Replace the Drives:
      • Shut down your computer.
      • Replace the original 1TB NVMe drive with the newly cloned NVMe drive (in the enclosure).
      • Boot up your system and ensure everything works as expected.

Remember to back up any critical data before performing the cloning process.😊

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Ultraspikemaster
    Options

I want the acer d go back to 1tb instead of saying acer d with 219gb of storage.

• Ultraspikemaster
    Options

@StevenGen and @Puraw I want the acer d go back to 1tb instead of saying acer d with 219gb of storage.

• Ultraspikemaster
    Options

@StevenGen and @Puraw hello, I need your answers please right now.

• Ultraspikemaster
    Options

I want the acer d go back to 1tb instead of saying acer d showing 219gb of storage @StevenGen and @Puraw

• Ultraspikemaster
    Options

Hello, @StevenGen and @Puraw please answer this question now or tomorrow thank you. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,959 Trailblazer
    edited July 5
    Options

As I replied above, reformat the D: drive and backup C: to the empty D: drive using a simple backup program like W7 Image creator that you can find in your Control Panel.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,963 Pathfinder
    Options

@Ultraspikemaster

Go to disk management, delete the D: drive in the 1TB disk, and the remaining unallocated space will be 1TB. From there, create a new partition.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!