Need to change SATA mode to AHCI on Nitro ANV15-51 to install the Ubuntu along with Windows 11

Options
GuiaugustoGA
GuiaugustoGA Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 4 in Nitro Gaming

I need to change the SATA mode to AHCI on my Nitro ANV15-51 to install the Ubuntu along with Windows 11. I tried to go to my BIOS and press Ctrl+S to display the SATA Mode Option with no success (It enables other options but not SATA mode). I also tried to press CTRL+S both on 'Main' and 'Advanced' tabs but it doesn't work. How can I change it ?

I followed the steps presented in https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/579607/nitro-5-an515-54-change-sata-mode-from-rst-to-ahci but it seems like it does not work with my model.

My BIOS version is 1.10.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,959 Trailblazer
    Options

Update your BIOS to version 1.14 and try it again after activating Safe Boot: Windows key + R and type msconfig. Then enable Safe boot in the Boot tab (in MSconfig) and click on Apply and OK, Type uefi or bios in Windows Search and follow the instructions in WindowsRE to boot to BIOS (Troubleshoot menu) then in BIOS press Ctrl+S in the Main tab and you should be able to change the Sata mode.

• GuiaugustoGA
    Options

I updated the BIOS and still can not change my SATA mode. These are the Advanced and Main tabs after I pressed CTRL+S.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,959 Trailblazer
    Options

It appears that Acer has made changes to their 2023 BIOS settings, I just checked my Swift X 2023 BIOS and there is no Sata mode shown anywhere.

• GuiaugustoGA
    Options

I read it somewhere that disabling VMD Controller could solve the issue, and Ubuntu were able to recognize my SSD. After I installed it, I could not boot my Ubuntu as the image shows.

With VMD Controller disabled my W11 could also not boot (blue screen). Every solution I find tells me to change SATA mode but I have no idea how to do it on my machine. Any ideas how can I fix it ? I really need to operate on Ubuntu.