ACER CARE CENTER lacks 80% charge option for battery on NITRO AN515-43

Options
AnnieRedcova
AnnieRedcova Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 4 in Nitro Gaming

I don't understand the reason why when using ACER CARE CENTER in the "check" - "battery status" option, the option to display and configure the charge up to 80% does not appear. I need help please. It doesn't give me the option to charge at 80%. The arrows to slide do not appear. The option does not appear. My PC is from 2020.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive content]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,446 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @AnnieRedcova this option depends on whether the BIOS supports that type of power configuration. If the option does not appear in the Acer Care Center, the device does not support battery charge limitation. However, on current devices with Latest generation Lithium-Ion, they do not need the battery limitation to 80%, that is, you can keep the device connected to the power charger for as long as necessary, when the battery reaches 100%, the charge is interrupted and does not stop. It will produce electronic fatigue from charging the previous batteries.

Just a precaution, if you use the equipment connected to the power charger for more than 20 days, use the equipment only on battery and when it reaches 20%, connect the power charger again and you will have another 20 days to use the connected equipment to the current.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp)