Bluetooth Connectivity issue. When I check on the device manager it says "Windows cannot load

Options
Taibang11
Taibang11 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited July 3 in Aspire Laptops

Recently i bought a Acer ALG laptop and when try connecting with a Bluetooth devices (sound bar, phones etc.), I have trouble connecting with the devices. When I check on the device manager it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory."

The above statement is the issue with my Bluetooth drivers. So, help me fix my issues at the earliest.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,506 Trailblazer
    Options

Go to Device Manger and do these steps, to either refresh the existing BT driver or completely reinstall the BT driver:

1. Device Manager > Bluetooth > Bluetooth Card > Properties > Driver > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > then pick the latest driver that is installed on your laptop.
    2. If the BT section and/or driver is not present in Device Manger, then you need to completely uninstall the Bluetooth driver by going to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program and uninstall the Bluetooth there, and then reinstall the Acer Bluetooth .exe driver for your Acer ALG laptop from the Acer Support page.

Do the above steps as you have a corrupted BT driver that needs either refreshing or reinstalling. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍