Why My helios 16 recently won't turn on on battery unless i hold the power button for like 30 second

Options
YousefGx1
YousefGx1 Member Posts: 1 Newbie

My helios 16 recently won't turn on on battery unless i hold the power button for like 30 second but when on power it turns on immediately

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,506 Trailblazer
    edited July 4
    Options

If your Predator Helios 16 laptop is under Acer warranty, then send/take your laptop to Acer in your country and don't open it or do anything to the hardware, as it could void your warranty. If your laptop is not under warranty, then it could be a problem with the power switch on the keyboard that is not making full contact with power On/Off switch that could be faulty in your laptop, check that out if you have the expertise.

In allot of cases this problem could be because of a frozen EC or Chipset chip that controls the power on functions, so do a Hard Reset by taking the main battery out, disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and short its + & - pins to reset CMOS and leave the laptop like that for 15min and then reconnect everything and see if the power key switch works by just touching it, as that is how the power key switch should work on your laptop. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍