Laptop won't charge with new battery on my acer nitro 5

Options
Kxtty
Kxtty Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited July 3 in Nitro Gaming

okay so for starters I recently had to replace the battery for my acer nitro 5 laptop because anytime I would unplug my laptop even after it "fully charged" my laptop would shut off completely and would not turn on unless I had the charger plugged in, so great now my laptop of course will turn on but now the new issue is that my laptop WONT CHARGE, the new battery came with 50% charge already but when plugged in its just NOT charging even though its clearly plugged in so even though its plugged in and charging the battery is STILL draining I'm at a loss at this point please anyone who knows what to do let me know?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and add issue detail]]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,938 Trailblazer
    edited July 3
    Options

Try to charge when the laptop is completely shut down, not suspended, not in sleep mode and not in Fast Startup (hybrid) mode. To do that you need to disable Hibernate and Fast Startup first in "Change what closing the lid does" and in "Change settings currently unavailable", uninstall all 3rd-party programs, bloatware and pre-installed freebees like browsers and anti-virus programs as these all run at the background, I would also disable your Internet connection. Shut down the proper way with Start-Power-Shutdown icon on the taskbar and see if the battery will charge to 100%. What kind of power adapter are you using? If 135-Watt, try a 180-Watt adapter. If the amber battery LED battery is off during charging wiggle the DC adapter plug to see if the battery LED reacts. You don't tell us the model and year of the Nitro5 so I can't be more specific, if this is a new Nitro5 model with USB-C charging support (PD) what kind of USB-C charger are you using, make sure it is a 100-Watt laptop charger with a 10 Amp fixed USB-C cord and not a universal phone charger with an ordinary detachable USB-C cable.