Acer Aspire R 14, touch screen laptop is not starting

Options
Harsh007
Harsh007 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited July 3 in Aspire Laptops

My Acer Aspire R 14, touch screen laptop is not starting, showing blank screen. I tried battery reset using pin hole and pressing for 30 seconds. Both blue and orange lights turn on but screen remains black. Please help in any way you can. Also, if I want this to be repaired thru out of warranty support, any idea how much it will cost.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,492 Trailblazer
    Options

Its either the eDP cable or the screen, you need to check these components out as the eDP cable could have a faulty plug at the screen or mainboard or the actual screen is faulty which is the last thing that you should look at. Make sure that you first disconnect the main battery and have no power going to the laptop before you disconnect the screen from the mainboard, otherwise your will damage the laptop. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Harsh007
    Options

If it's a screen issue, attaching it to other monitor should work, right?

• StevenGen
    Options

Yes connecting your Aspire R 14 with a HDMI cable to an external monitor will work but you wil lose the touchscreen unless you connect the laptop to an external touchscreen.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Harsh007
    Options

I tried connecting the laptop to external monitor but no help. Does it mean it's a eDP cable issue? Is there a way to confirm that?

• StevenGen
    Options

You need to take your laptop to a technician and get the laptop checked out exactly where the problem stems from, I only gave you a few scenarios where the problem could come from, as it could be an internal thing also. Its virtually impossible to analyze a problem like you have without looking and checking the laptop out.

• Harsh007
    Options

Hi StevenGen,

Appreciate your help on this. I totally understand that. Is there any other troubleshooting steps I can perform on my own?