Can my Acer Swift 3 SF314 fingerprint reader work with third party password manager software?

Options
Acton2000
Acton2000 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 3 in Swift and Spin Series

I have a Swift 3, PN:SF314-42-R9YN

I am using the fingerprint recognition (Windows Hello) fingerprint scanner to access my laptop. Nowadays, passwords have to be very long and strong so no one can hack your system. My passwords are now over 20 digits. Is there a way we can use the Acer fingerprint reader with a third-party password manager software?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,929 Trailblazer
    Options

Not recommended with Microsoft, what you should do is open a Microsoft account and use that password for your laptop user account instead of a Local User Account, when you forget your password, it is easy to reset that online with your e-mail address. Avoid downloading 3rd-party bloatware on your laptop and I recommend uninstalling all pre-installed programs, trial versions, browsers, anti-virus and the Acer apps AcerCare-AcerSense as all these use your resources and hamper system performance. 😉

• Acton2000
    Acton2000 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am trying to find a way to use the fingerprint reader of the Acer laptop to access all the different secure websites that I am using. Do you have an idea other than buying a fingerprint reader dongle?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,502 Trailblazer
    Options

It's really dependent on the website, some allow biometrics through Windows Hello, most do not. A potentially better choice is a password manager that can use Window Hello to sign into itself. I use Roboform and it allows that…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.