AN515-43-R34S Can i use an EGPU for my setup?

Options
AwakePainter535
AwakePainter535 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2 in Nitro Gaming

so i have a nitro 5 (AN515-43-R34S) and i have a radeon RX580 graphics card id like to use. I dont use the integrated monitor but a standalone monitor. Would it be possible to use a egpu? And how would i do such? Thanks!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,918 Trailblazer
    Options

Sorry, eGPU requires a Display Port (USB-C with Video-Out) that this 2020 laptop does not have.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,489 Trailblazer
    Options

An eGPU external setup is 100% compatible with the Nitro 5 AN515-43 laptop, you don't need a USB-C Thunderbolt port for an eGPU setup! You can connect an eGPU to your laptop through its WLAN slot, which is a much better eGPU setup for gaming, to achive this setup, you need to get an eGPU adapter that has a Connector Type card of M.2 (NGFF) 2230 protocol, as PSU and and a suitable GPU. See this guide External GPU: M2 vs Thunderbolt for Deep Learning and Gaming. Good luck and hope helps you out and gives you a better guide.

Q: What are the pros and cons of a M.2 eGPU over Thunderbolt 3 (TB3)?

M.2 eGPU pros over TB3:

1. Gets full x4 3.0 bandwidth - TB3 has 25%-64% less H2D/write bandwidth than M.2

2. Noticeably lower cost for eGPU adapter hardware

3. Being able to utilize the eGPU in a macOS Hackintoshed system

M.2 eGPU cons over TB3:

1. Require a candidate notebook with dual-storage (M.2 + M.2 or M.2 + SATA) to be viable (use M.2 slot for the eGPU and other storage for boot OS)

2. Requires underside eGPU cabling to the internal M.2 port

3. Requires DIY tweaking/testing to confirm compatibility

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍