Spin 5 Model no: SP513-51-57TP won't run unless plugged in

Options
helpmeeeeeeee
helpmeeeeeeee Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2 in Swift and Spin Series

I have a SP513-51-57TP. It runs fine when plugged in but will shut down almost immediately if I unplug and try to run on battery. I ran a battery report but did not get any useful info on the battery health, but I'm assuming since this laptop is pretty old it needs a battery replacement. Any ideas?

If I do need to replace the battery does anyone know the model number? I have looked but cannot seem to find it on Acer or Amazon. Is there a reputable vendor other have used? I see replacement guides and it seems easy enough, but I can't seem to find the right part.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• helpmeeeeeeee
    Options

The battery reads as fully charged fwiw.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,501 Trailblazer
    Options

Your Spin 3 is right about six years old, so a battery starting to fail wouldn't be too surprising. Here's the part numbers and descriptions from Acer:

As you can see they sourced from multiple vendors, Sanyo, LG and Panasonic, all three should be essentially identical.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • helpmeeeeeeee
    Options

Thanks billsey! But I have a Spin 5, not a Spin 3.

Just out of curiosity, where did you find this info?

If they are interchangeable between a Spin 5 and Spin 3, do I understand this right - any of the three batteries should work?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,501 Trailblazer
    Options

Sorry, I meant Spin 5, just mistyped it. That is a snippet from the service guide, which isn't publicly available. Service centers and corporate have it, and a few of us are allowed access.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.