About turbo boost, my CPU's GHz is at 3 GHz or 3.10 but when i open roblox it drops to 1.10

Options
Mck_User07
Mck_User07 Member Posts: 84 Troubleshooter
edited July 1 in Aspire Laptops

when im just staring at my laptop screen without doing anything or maybe task manager open my CPU's GHz is at 3 GHz or 3.10 something something but when i open roblox for example and play roblox it drops down to 1.10 something something to 2.10 something something yes i already installed the intel drivers correctly "i think" from www.acer.com and its not thermal throttling also ive been playing with the fan on the intake vents or something like that i also check for updates in windows updates am i doing anything wrong any suggestions?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,901 Trailblazer
    Options

Nothing wrong with your system or settings, Windows and Intel apps throttle the CPU to around 1Ghz (50% of the base speed) to conserve energy and keep the laptop cool when on battery only and to the base frequency when the battery is fully charged with the power adapter/USB-C charger is plugged in. The CPU will only go above the base frequency when certain programs specifically demand that (and for a few seconds when booting the system). Only if you unlock the CPU with "overclock" programs you may be able to override this protocol, but probably Acer BIOS, chip vendors firmware and Windows11 new security won't allow that.