Warning while update intel graphic drivers in Acer Nitro 5 [Nitro AN515-58]

Options
RishiSinghRana
RishiSinghRana Member Posts: 3 New User

While i was trying to update the drivers through Intel DSA, a warning like this came up. Is this alright to update it or should i leave this particular driver and download the other 2 only?

Best Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,885 Trailblazer
    edited July 1 Answer ✓
    Options

I don't recommend using IObit or Intel's DSA that I consider as bloatware. Keep Windows11 23H2 fully updated, the last version is 22631.3810 and enable Optional updates in Advanced settings "Check for updates". You will receive the latest display drivers as Optional updates before these appear on the Acer Support site. If you have a graphics driver issue, uninstall the driver in Safe Mode with DDU and just reboot.
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html Note, that Intel Performance suite is doing nothing for your Network, I have it and all it does is using resources and checking the speed between the router and your laptop that Windows does already (useless bloatware).

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,885 Trailblazer
    edited July 1 Answer ✓
    Options

Don't download that BT driver. I admit that you sometimes get optional updates, possibly for external devices you have used in the past, from Windows that won't install. Once failed Windows won't try to install those again, but you never get updates that install and then brick your system like can happen with IObit and DSA. like the saying goes "If it aint broke don't fix it". If a formal Windows monthly "Patch Tuesday" update fails, that is bad news, and you should run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, check your internet connection (check the speed) and try the update again.

Answers