Recover Laptop - Aspire A517-51G

Options
Igrayne01
Igrayne01 Member Posts: 1 New User

Somehow my SSD was corrupted in a way where my Acer Aspire A517-51G no longer is able to boot. I realize that the laptop didn't ship with recovery media and I don't have the ability to make the media anymore due to the lack of boot capability. Is there a way to download or even purchase recovery media? Otherwise, I think the laptop just turned into an expensive paperweight. Thank you!

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,119 Pathfinder
    Options

@Igrayne01

Try alt + f10 or alt gr + f10 while turning on the computer. It will go to repair mode where you will see chose an option, continue, troubleshoot. If you click on troubleshoot you can either do keep my files or remove everything to reinstall windows. You can contact the acer store to get the recovery media.

Please try the links given below to reinstall windows. You need to have a 8 gb usb flash drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,870 Trailblazer
    edited June 30
    Options

If the boot drive (boot loader) is corrupted, you can't recover Windows anymore, you can try to boot to WindowsRE (recovery version) with a USB stick made on anther PC but that will just give you some tools to try fixing the bootloader on the boot drive and if you made a complete backup of your boot drive with the W7 BU image file utility to an external USB backup drive (highly recommended) you can restore that image file with the USB stick. To make a USB Windows Recovery Disk insert a 10+GB flash drive in a USB2.0 port of another PC with the same Windows version (never mind the build) and type in Search Recovery disk. Takes 40 minutes to make.