New Predator PT4-51 "lost" Nvidia GPU?!?!?!

Options
CaptMyron
CaptMyron Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 30 in Predator Laptops

I just bought the Predator PT4-51 - the 4070 version. Initial setup was slick and I was able to, with the 4070, kick my visuals up to max on most of my games. But here’s where the issue came in. With only 1 TB of storage, I wanted to upgrade. So I bought a 4 TB WD-BLACK SN850X. It was a little finicky due to a missing storage driver, but I managed to find one and, once I had the driver, was able to partition the drive and install Windows 11.

But I have since run into a brick wall. Since upgrading the SSD, Windows refuses to find the 4070. Latest Nvidia driver package cannot find it. The Acer Care Centre app says I have two display adapters - Intel iris and Trigger 6 (which is the USB C media hub I use so that I can plug in two external displays - I have attached a screenshot) whereas I had 3 prior to the SSD upgrade (including the 4070). The Predator Sense app can see the 4070, and so can the bios. But when I’m in the bios and tell it to use the Nvidia GPU only, I get the error in the attached pic.

I feel like I’ve done everything - downloaded all the latest drivers from Acer support and installed them, flashed the bios and firmware, resetting the bios to Autoselect and Optimus, tried resetting the laptop to factory defaults, etc. It’s getting so weird that sometimes when I do a reboot without the hub plugged in, I get no display on the laptop - it only shows up when I plug in the external monitors. I was really looking forward to trying out one of those crazy Skyrim lists (Nolvus) but without the dedicated GPU, I’m screwed LOL

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,467 Trailblazer
    Options

The WD SN850X M.2 4TB SSD should not have anything to do with the detection of the RTX4070 gpu, WD drives are fully compatible with Acer laptops. Unplug the Trigger 6 and try to see if the RTX4070 is detected within the PT4-51and working and giving an image on the laptops monitor, also check the NVidia Control Panel, as this looks like a corrupted gpu detection issue, and its probably coming from the Trigger 6 USB-C hub that is incompatible or faulty and its interfering with the detection of the Nvidia RTX4070 gpu in your laptop.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍