High rpms even when Nitro laptop is idle

Options
Grisha
Grisha Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited June 30 in Nitro Gaming

Recently my laptop has started to stay at 5k rpms on both cpu and gpu even though i dont run anything heavy or just keep it idle,. I am a bit worried cause this is very unusual as these rpms i used to get when i used to game mostly. And also the gpu temps have increased and the cpu temp is always at a constant 92C. Iv tried using custom and dropping down the rpms from a post i read but the fan speed don't reduce below 5k. Also the gpu usage is also quite high at random times even though if im only watching YouTube or listening to music.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,859 Trailblazer
    Options

If the laptop is >2 years old and you never cleaned the cooling fans, consider bringing it to Acer Services in your country for cleaning and thermal repasting. If new, reduce the Power mode to Best Power Efficiency in Power & Battery settings (battery icon taskbar) and check in Task Manager-Processes what is running at the background (should be about 60 processes) if a lot, uninstall some of the 3rd-party browsers and AV programs as these are uploading to Cloud and consume a lot of your resources. I also recommend uninstalling all pre-installed bloatware and "freebees" like MS 365, etc.

• Grisha

Tinkerer

Options

Its only 8 months old and I have got it serviced once, would be around 3 months ago. Ill try the power options and update, And iv also uninstalled lot of thingd which i dont use but it doesn't seem to change.

• Grisha

Tinkerer

Options

I tried what you told but doesnt work , even while gaming performance has reduced, i used to get 120-180 fps in valorant, and 100 in seige, but now im getting 60-90 on val and constant 60 on seige, sometime it even drops below 60 on both games.