TC-875 Suddenly Pink screen. Tried all of the suggestions

Options
BillRVC
BillRVC Member Posts: 2 New User

My Acer desktop TC-875 running Windows 11 suddenly turned pink on my Samsung monitor. My O/S and drivers are up-to-date. The HDMI cable and monitor work fine with my laptop and Raspberry Pi. I've re-seated the cable on both ends, tried switching HDMI ports, and tried every "fix" I could find on the Internet including ChkDsk and other Windows commands. The computer has been rebooted several times.

At this point I believe it's a physical issue with my computer. Is the graphics board a separate board or is it integrated into the mother board? Is there a way to verify whether the graphics board is good?

Answers

• BillRVC
    BillRVC Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I just found the issue. In Settings/System/Display there is a setting called "Night Light". Even though I did not change this setting and wasn't even in Settings at the time, apparently something caused the switch to be set to the on position. Turning it off got rid of the Pink.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,460 Trailblazer
    Options

Yeah, in night light mode they mute the blue to help keep things from interfering with sleep.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.