As soon as I start playing any game, My laptop PH-31551 shuts off even when battery at 76%

Utkarsh003
Utkarsh003 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 26 in Predator Laptops

I noticed that my laptop ( PH-31551, i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), GTX 1060) started shutting down as soon as I started playing game. My first thought was that it might be going off due to overheating but then I noticed that my battery is not getting charged. It is stuck on 76% and the laptop shuts off as soon as I turn it off. So should I change the battery or it could be solved with re-paste and cleaning

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,013 Trailblazer
    edited June 27

You should never play games without the power adapter plugged in and always make sure that the battery is fully charged. If the laptop won't charge till 76% check if AcerSense or Acer Care Center is installed and the 80% battery charge limiting option is turned on, disable that and any other battery monitoring bloatware. Check in Windows Services that none of these services/agents are still running, stop and disable the Startup type in properties.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 540

Try cleaning the dust, check your cooling system and your thermal paste. These steps will lower the temperature and prevent your computer from overheating again. Usually, if your computer shuts down when playing games, the PSU may need to be fixed. When PSU does not provide stable power or insufficient power, your computer can't work normally and even cause hardware damage.

• Utkarsh003

I always play games with power on but even with power on it is shutting down as soon as i start to play games. I checked on internet and it said the issue with battery might cause it to shut down even with power on

• Utkarsh003

Sure. So battery's health is not related to my problem at all ?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,013 Trailblazer

If the battery has not been replaced since 2018 check the condition. Run a battery report with this command: powercfg /batteryreport and open the report with Edge browser, right click and "Print to Microsoft PDF", all pages. Attach the PDF file to your reply with "Quote" or type @Puraw