Wi-Fi connection continues to be lost in 2024 on Acer Aspire 5 A515-57-727C series

2»

Answers

• vcoroa
    vcoroa Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

It's a bit strange that a cable is loose or loose and the wifi works sometimes and sometimes not, don't you think? And even stranger is that the behavior only occurs with this specific wifi router, if I route wifi via cellphone, the behavior doesn't happen.

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,798 Guru

What model/brand of wireless router are you using?

É hora de dizer adeus ao Windows 11! 🤢🤮👎🏻 Linux Zorin e Mint, aí vou eu...🫡🫣

• vcoroa

Tinkerer

It is a modem router from internet company: gpt 2741 gnac- n2.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer

I don't know how you can have so many problems with a Wi-Fi card, as my same Aspire A515-57 -56UV model works perfectly with the MTX MT7921LE card and the newest Win-11 drivers that are linked above.

Try to change the Wi-Fi/BT 6E card to the Intel cards listed in the Acer Aspire A515-57 service guide which are the AX201NGW or the AX211NGW that are readily available on eBay, and they are not expensive, as they will work 100% with the Aspire A515-57-xxxx that Acer (NOT ASUS) uses, which are the cards below:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,798 Guru
    edited August 2

So, now we can conclude that your MT7921 WLAN card isn't damaged!

But yes, that there is a problem due to: mismatch configuration, stability issue, or lack of support between the hardware involved (MT7921 WLAN card and your MitraStar GPT-2741GNAC-N2 router).

Despite your router's advanced age, try checking with your ISP to see if there are any firmware updates available!

Examine also:

• If your laptop's connection isn't intermittently "switching" between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WLAN networks;
    • Avoid using the same SSID for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connections;
    • Verify that the Intelligent Navigation Frequency Switching feature works according to distance (BandSteering) is affecting your laptop's connection.

If you are an advanced user and have knowledge, you can try making adjustments in your HGU's settings:

Wireless > Security:

Network 
    Authentication = WPA2-PSK (if all wireless clients support this configuration) WPA/WAPI
    passphrase = AES (only) Wireless > Advanced: Channel = (choice non-congested channel) Auto Channel
    Timer = 0 Bandwidth = 20MHz in 2.4G Band and 40MHz in 5G Band WMM APSD = Disabled Beamforming
    Transmission (BFE) = Enabled Beamforming Reception (BFR) = Enabled

These are just a few settings you can try to improve the compatibility and stability of your connection with your Aspire A515-57 laptop.

Obviously, it's up to you to decide whether it's worth it or not! It might be easier to ask your ISP to replace your modem/router. 😅

It's important to warn you that these settings can affect the connectivity of your other devices. So do so at your own risk! 😉

É hora de dizer adeus ao Windows 11! 🤢🤮👎🏻 Linux Zorin e Mint, aí vou eu...🫡🫣

• vcoroa

Tinkerer

I'm trying to exchange it with the ICP, making up some excuse. If that doesn't work, I'll try the strategy of exchanging the card for the ones suggested above from @StevenGen, and Acer never again.