Is it really not possible to get a Noctua fan and just replace the fan in G3-710?

iBeatz
iBeatz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 26 in Predator Desktops

My CPU fan died, i7-7700 processor was running around 96°C. Trying to find a replacement quickly, but all I see online is that I have to replace with OEM fan with heatsink attached and that takes a week to arrive from Amazon. Is it really not possible to get a Noctua fan and just replace the fan? I’m not dead set on Noctua, just want something that will arrive fast and work well.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    edited June 26

Noctua do not make a 96mm cpu cooling fan, they do make a 92mm cpu cooler fan but I don't think that you will get it delivered before the Amazon one, but you can try and I also don't know if a 92mm Noctua cpu cooler fan will fit the G3-710 heatsink cpu cooler, so I wouldn't attempt it.

What I suggest is that you upgrade the oem G3-710 cpu cooler to the excellent alternative cpu cooling solutions from Noctua the NH-U9S chromax.black which is one of the best dry cpu cooling solutions around, as its even more efficient than a 96mm or 240mm AIO water cooling.

Note: That the Noctua NH-U9S also has an additional option of a second rear fan to be fitted onto the other side of the heatsink for extra cooling

Noctua NH-U9S Measurements

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• iBeatz

The link you provided says that the Noctua NH-U9S is 92mm, will this mount properly on the motherboard? Also, will this fit with all the memory slots full?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    edited June 26

If you read my post I said that the G3-710 cpu cooler fan is a 96mm fan and the Noctua is a 92 mm fan which will not mount directly onto the G3-710 cpu oem heatsink, you will have to make some modefications to mount the Noctua 92mm cpu fan. That is what I said, so if you want to attempt that then go for it but as i've suggested you would be much better off to upgrade the whole cpu oem cooling of the G3-710 to the Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• iBeatz

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was asking if the Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black would mount to the motherboard of the G3-710 properly. I was a little confused when I looked at their specs.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,541 Trailblazer

95mm outside dimensions, 92mm hole to hole dimensions.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.