Which types of RAM on SSD can be used to upgrade in acer aspire 3 a315-23?

MuthuKumar1639
MuthuKumar1639 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 26 in Aspire Laptops

Hai there, I have an acer aspire 3 a315-23 model Lap. Currently I am learning Java. So that I need my lap to work faster then before and I don't have enough of money to buy a new one. So I planned to upgrade both RAM and storage but I don't have what type of RAM and SSD should be used as there are much lot of types available. So please help me choosing the right options.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,011 Trailblazer

You have 4GB RAM soldered on the mainboard plus a 4GB replaceable RAM on the mainboard, you can upgrade from 8GB to 12GB maximum by replacing the 4GB replaceable module with an 8GB replaceable module. https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/acer/aspire-a315-23-r1um. To run RAM at fastest speed you need to replicate the soldered RAM, same module with the same part number, that will run in Dual Channel Mode at 2400MHz with 8GB total RAM. If you already have Dual Channel mode already go for the 12GB total RAM but that will run in Single Channel mode at a lower speed. To find out what RAM is soldered, make sure the removable slot is empty and run this command: wmic memorychip list full and note the part number, buy exactly the same module with the same part number including the suffix digits.

You can replace the existing 256GB M.2 SSD for a 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD. like the Samsung 970Evo Plus Gen3 SSD.