Does anyone still have the latest BIOS for the Aspire ME600 ?

Options

Hello!

Does anyone still have the latest BIOS zip for the Aspire ME600?

According to the website ( https://www.acer.com/ca-en/support/product-support/Aspire_ME600/downloads?suggest=Aspire_ME;0 ) it was supposed to offer a better UEFI support, and I am now interested to move to the UEFI boot.

Although there is a link on the website, it leads to "Sorry, the file was not found" page.

I hope someone is like me and stores things for decades and still has the file.

Chat with support didn't help, BTW. They've said that the model is over 10 years old, so they don't keep files for it anymore.

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,949 Pathfinder
    Options
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,453 Trailblazer
    edited June 26
    Options

Try a 3rd party drivers' site like HelpDrivers, which I found to be reliable and not malware and has the most extensive and reliable drivers' site around and has allot of legit drivers (but be sure to check the bios files before you install them if they are what they are, as some are labeled differently and incorrectly).

Try their available 25 files for Acer Aspire ME600 desktop as the last bios version they have is the version: P11.B1 file name: bios_acer_p11.b1_a_a.zip dated: 2014/04/03. Good luck and hope this has helped you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• illashiza
    illashiza Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

You can check the Acer support website for the latest BIOS for the Aspire ME600 or visit forums like Acer Community and tech support sites where users might share BIOS updates.

• just_a_question
    just_a_question Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Yep, I mentioned that the site is working. Did you try to click on the "Download" link? Were you able to actually get the file?

• just_a_question
    Options

Thanks!

I will give it a try. Though, it is very dangerous with BIOS update. If it was some driver, I wouldn't worry too much… But BIOS… If at least I had a file checksum to compare to…

Anyway,

Thanks for your answer!

• just_a_question
    Options

So, as I mentioned in the post, website doesn't have the file anymore (download link leads to "file not found") and when I called support, they told they can't do anything about it, as the system is too dated.

As to your other suggestion, my question here was actually an attempt to get community help.

If you have other website you can recommend, I would love to get the links.

Thank you in advance!

p.S.: meanwhile I am not marking your answer as either helpful or not.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,949 Pathfinder
    Options

@just_a_question

Seems like Acer has removed all driver files for the older model. The one from HelpDrivers will work for you.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,397 Trailblazer
    Options

There were two different motherboards for those models, with different BIOS sizes. The P01-xx BIOS versions were for the earlier motherboard and didn't support UEFI. The P11-xx BIOS versions were for the later motherboard and did support UEFI. You can't flash a P11 BIOS to a P01 motherboard.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • just_a_question
    Options

Thank you for your answer!

My motherboard has UEFI support, but not the latest BIOS.

I believe, and that is what I understand from the description, that the latest BIOS has even better UEFI support, but the file is not there anymore…

• just_a_question
    Options

So I download the file from the helpdrivers website. It looks exactly same as another file, which was posted for another model. The file contains only .CAP file (no .PEG or .bin).

Is there a chance that this .CAP file is a partial BIOS update, which universal, and not model specific?

I mean, if that part actually contains only UEFI improvements, then maybe same BIOS code can be written to same BIOS area on many different models?

Can someone confirm that?

Thanks!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,397 Trailblazer
    Options

BIOSes are almost always model specific. What version of the P11 BIOS do you have installed now?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • just_a_question
    Options

Currently it is:

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P11-A2, 09/06/2012

Thank you!