AN515-45 NVIDIA GPU STOPPED WORKING

hvhv60
hvhv60 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 25 in Nitro Gaming

Hi Everyone,

In the month of May, there was a blue screen on death and some kind of dump started and then my laptop was restarted. Nothing seems to be odd but when I started any game it would only give me 30FPS.

Then I went straight to the task manager to check my GPU but itwas not listed there, then I went to device manager and then there under display adapters both were showing but under software devices "NVIDIA Platform Controller and Framework" was having and issue, where it is saying problem to start device.

Now when I tried to update the driver, then it showed error code 31, feels like a dead end :-(

I have then reinstalled windows by formatting my C drive, then installed latest NVIDIA drivers for my GPU but it is the same.

When I open my NVIDIA Control Panel, it does not opens. When I try to open GeForce Experience I can only stay on the update screen and no matter where-ever I click, it does not opens other tabs.

NOTE: I have updates my bios to the latest version 1.11, that doesn,'t help either, feels like last nail in the coffin :-((

I seriously don't know what can be done, I am deeply sad and feeling bad about this, believe me I have tried everything possible but nothing helps, I do not know weather this community could help me because my product is not in warrenty but its only 3 years I used this laptop and suddently my whole entertainment and relaxation have suddenly came to an end with this.

I don't know if this can be fixed, in hope of that I am asking anyone who can assist in anything.. please provide your suggestion.. I will be more than thankful to this community.

SPECS:

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45
CPU - AMD ryzen 7 5800h GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB

Link: https://www.amazon.in/Acer-AN515-45-GeForce-Graphics-Keyboard/dp/B09M3K2NGV#:~:text=4.0%209-,Acer%20Nitro%205%20An515%2D45%20AMD%20Ryzen%207%205800H%208,WiFi%206%20RGB%20Backlit%20Keyboard

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    edited June 26

Your problem is with the "Device not started (nvpcf) error" in Device manager so try and do all the fixes below as it should fix your problem: Try these fixes systematically from #1 to #5 and see if it fixes your problem.

1. Update the AN515-45 laptops AMD Chipset Driver to version 4.03.02.2056
    2. Then do a run Sfc/scannow
    3. Then do a DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth for corrupted system files
    4. Check for Windows updates,
    5. Do a Clean install of the Win-10/11 gaming NVIDIA RTX3060 graphics latest driver version 555.99 as a clean install will delete all previous Nvidia RTX3060 driver and the new driver will be the only driver on your system.

Try all those fixes and get back to us and let us know if it fixes your problem(s). Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,115 Pathfinder

@hvhv60

Try to do a power cycle by unplugging the charger with the laptop is in the off state. Hold the power button for 15 seconds and try to check if the GPU has appeared.

Make sure that the laptop is not overheating. You should not hear loud fan noise during light tasks such as web browsing or doing office work.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!