A514-52G-586W Wireless Card went missing

wykuan22
wykuan22 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I tried to install my wireless card for my laptop model as above but I keep getting yellow bang. Can I know exactly what is the wireless card type and model for laptop so I will go look for specific driver.

Thanks.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer

The Aspire A514-52G Wi-Fi/BT laptop has a Wi-Fi/BT cards of an Atheros NFA344A card or an Intel FM 9560.NGWG card that I’ve listed below from this laptops service guide, be sure that your existing Wi-Fi/BT card is not faulty as then you will need to replace the card with either of the listed cards below, so be aware of that also.

Aspire A514-52G oem Wi-Fi/BT cards.

First uninstall the Wi-Fi card listed where the yellow exclamation mark is in Device Manager, and reboot the latop, as after the reboot the Wi-Fi driver should be reinstalled.

If the above doesn't work then go into Device Manager > Network adapters > and where the yellow exclamation mark is on your Wi-Fi card, do this:

1. Click on the Network adapters > Wi-Fi card with yellow exclamation mark > Properties > Driver > Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > and install the last Wi-Fi driver listed there or if there is only one driver then install that driver as your Wi-Fi card should work.
    2. If the card is not there or the above driver reinstallation/refresh doesn’t work, then you need to go to the Product Support Acer A514-52G page and download the appropriate Wireless LAN driver and do a clean install of the Wi-Fi driver and Bluetooth drive for your Aspire A514-52G laptop

Note: after installing the Wi-Fi driver I also recommend that you reinstall the Bluetooth drive for the appropriate card fitted to your laptop. If you have an FM 9560.NGWG card I suggest that you install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Scan so that your laptop is up to date with Intel's latest drivers for your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• wykuan22

After I reintalled driver from Acer Support website, I am still getting the yellow bang as above and no wireless connectivity feature is enabled. Any idea what should I do next? Replace the wireless card physically?

Thanks.

• StevenGen

Did you install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan to get the Intel AC9560 Wi-Fi/BT cards latest Wi-Fi driver and installed it through that software, as that is the easiest way to update to a new version softeare for the AC9560 card. If not then you need to update the AC9560 card through its official latest driver which is the WiFi-26.60.1-Driver64-Win10-Win-11.exe so try both of these methods and if the card still getting a “yellow bang” your card is either not placed into its M.2 slot properley, the card pins are damaged or the card is faulty and needs replacing, so check all that out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• wykuan22

Thanks for response. I have tried both the options as your recommended but the problem still persists. I will look at the hardware side in next few days. If I need to replace wifi card, it is ok for me to replace with the more latest card like Intel ax201 or ax203, is it right?

• StevenGen

One community use said that he replaced the AC9560 with the AX201 card and it worked (I can't guarantee that it will work, so your swap to this card at your own risk) my suggestion is to always use the oem Acer recommended cards above as they work the best with your laptop.