Laptop nitro 5 an515-52,Is there pattern for tightening the screws on the heatsink

Options
BiserBG
BiserBG Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 24 in Nitro Gaming

Is there pattern for tightening the screws on the heatsink and is tightening on hand enough if its possible to tell me the type of screws too because i want to change some of them .

Thank you for the help and have great day/night !

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,453 Trailblazer
    edited June 26 Answer ✓
    Options

There are no pattern written by Acer on how to secure the thermal module screws for the AN515-52 laptop, but you should follow a pattern of a clockwise crossing pattern that secures the thermal module force evenly onto the cpu/gpu and chipset that need cooling.

I suggest that you start at the highest point screw and cross over to the lowest screw then go to the furthest screw left then furthest screw right following a clockwise pattern, as that should secure the thermal module securely to the cpu, gpu and chipset which get hot and need the thermal module to be cooled which all the heat is dispersed by the fan module to the side vents.

Below is a diagram of the thermal module and fan module screw positions and their toque force quoted by Acer for the AN515-52 laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,949 Pathfinder
    Options

@BiserBG

There should be some numbers printed on the heatsink for tightening. Slightly tight the screws following the numbers sequence and fully tighten them until they cannot go further anymore (use enough force, not too much).

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,453 Trailblazer
    edited June 26 Answer ✓
    Options

There are no pattern written by Acer on how to secure the thermal module screws for the AN515-52 laptop, but you should follow a pattern of a clockwise crossing pattern that secures the thermal module force evenly onto the cpu/gpu and chipset that need cooling.

I suggest that you start at the highest point screw and cross over to the lowest screw then go to the furthest screw left then furthest screw right following a clockwise pattern, as that should secure the thermal module securely to the cpu, gpu and chipset which get hot and need the thermal module to be cooled which all the heat is dispersed by the fan module to the side vents.

Below is a diagram of the thermal module and fan module screw positions and their toque force quoted by Acer for the AN515-52 laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍