I have a Chromebook Plus CB514-3HT Model # N23C9 and I'd like to upgrade the SSD.

Options
tatealex
tatealex Member Posts: 3 New User

What are the specifications and how far can I go? Thanks, Alex

Best Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,778 Trailblazer
    edited June 24 Answer ✓
    Options

This model comes with 4, 8 and 16GB soldered memory and soldered EMMC flash drive that cannot be upgraded.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,387 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are a few versions of the CB514-3HT that do support an M.2 slot for a SSD. It allows for an NVMe 4.0 x4 drive to be installed. The only real way to tell if yours does support that is to open it up and look at the motherboard. If there is an M.2 slot for a SSD you can install one, if the slot isn't populated you can not. Here's the relevant portion of the block diagram:

And J11 on this motherboard diagram is the proper slot:

It puts the SSD under the ribbon cable that runs out to the USB board:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tatealex
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much. I'll open the laptop and check it up. Sincerely, Alex

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,778 Trailblazer
    edited June 24 Answer ✓
    Options

This model comes with 4, 8 and 16GB soldered memory and soldered EMMC flash drive that cannot be upgraded.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are a few versions of the CB514-3HT that do support an M.2 slot for a SSD. It allows for an NVMe 4.0 x4 drive to be installed. The only real way to tell if yours does support that is to open it up and look at the motherboard. If there is an M.2 slot for a SSD you can install one, if the slot isn't populated you can not. Here's the relevant portion of the block diagram:

And J11 on this motherboard diagram is the proper slot:

It puts the SSD under the ribbon cable that runs out to the USB board:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tatealex
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much. I'll open the laptop and check it up. Sincerely, Alex

• billsey
    Options

Let us know what you find… I believe most of the models don't have that M.2 slot populated.