Predator Triton 500 SE (PT516-52s-99EL) support. Power button unresponsive and power seems on

gogogomx
gogogomx Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 24 in Predator Laptops

Hi folks,

I appreciate your support here as this is a very odd situation seeking any guidance.

I currently own an Acer Predator Triton 500 SE (PT516-52s-99EL), unfortunately, while working (AC plugged), the laptop suddenly froze (Windows 11), waited 10 minutes to see if it was temporary; then I proceeded to force the shutdown by holding the power button.

Everything turned off (screen, keyboard, fans), however, when I tried to power it on, it became unresponsive with the power button or any other button: black screen, no light keyboard, no fan noise, no heat. The odd in here is the power indicator is blue as it is turned on. But remains unresponsive with no video signal and no signs of life, or boot-up. Nonetheless, if I plug in the AC power, the battery indicator turns on (blue), and if I plug a mobile phone on USB-C it charges. It seems to be powered on somehow remaining unresponsive.

It's been like this for an hour and I'm waiting for the battery to run out of power. In the meantime, I've attached a screenshot showing this behavior.

Do you have any ideas on what is going on? Is this a hardware issue or else? Do you have any guidance?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers