I own an acer nitro 5 an515-45 with ryzen 5 5600h and rtx 3050, does my laptop gen 3 or gen 4 ssd?

yohan_332
yohan_332 Member Posts: 1 New User

Im looking to buy the WD sn-770 black gen 3 or the gen 4(if supported) ssd

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,428 Trailblazer

Hi,

Yes, Gen 4 M.2 SSDs are backward compatible with Gen 3 SSD slots and it will work at Gen 3 speeds because your motherboard supports Gen 3 SSDs, if you buy Gen 4 M.2 NVMe SSD, it will be useful in your future purchase of a new laptop.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,236 Trailblazer

Fourth generation SSDs should work. However, they will work at the same speed as a third generation SSD:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)