my acer laptop swift SF314-41 keeps crashing/ freezing

tytyr
tytyr Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 23 in Swift and Spin Series

my laptop is acer swift SF314-41
my laptop shows BSOD stating DPC watchdog violation. whenever my laptop crashes and restarts.

sometimes my laptop just freezes, no input, no CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE.
reliability history shows acer product registration has stopped working or Realtek audio console has stopped working.

i have removed all acer products from control panel but
there are still several acer products that are installed but have no entry in control panel but it shows only in powershell Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name.

also i can find the directories where they are located but i cannot uninstall them.

1. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\acerincorporated.acerregistration_2.0.3044.0_x64__48frkmn4z8aw4
  2. C:\OEM --hidden folder for acer

my laptop came with win10 last year upgraded to win 11.
i have already refreshed my laptop with keeping original settings and files.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,003 Trailblazer

Hi @tytyr these types of errors can indicate, among other causes, a corrupt Windows system or an incorrect driver. Is Windows original or is it a modified version?
    Are the drivers installed by Windows or have you downloaded third-party drivers?
    If Windows is genuine, update it from Windows Update.
    If I install third-party drivers, uninstall them and let Windows install theirs and then go to Windows Update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/resolving-blue-screen-errors-in-windows-60b01860-58f2-be66-7516-5c45a66ae3c6

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • tytyr
    tytyr Member Posts: 2 New User

@Alejandro_AC
    thank you for your reply.
    the win11 is updated from win10 through the windows update.
    most of the drivers are from microsoft some are official win 10 acer drivers from the product page.
    only one third party driver uninstalled it. same issue.

i think the issue is acer registration background task. i cannot remove it from control panel

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

Take a picture of BSOD itself. There is often good info in the details… It's unlikely to be an Acer software package and more likely something else that's been installed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,003 Trailblazer

Thanks for the information, I don't know what the problem could be, maybe it's what you mentioned, I'm not sure.
    In the absence of more answers, I would carry out a new installation of Windows 11 from scratch, you can create a USB from the Microsoft page with its own tool, the only thing to keep in mind is that you must install the same version of the computer license, that is That is, if you had Windows 10 Home, you must install Windows 10 Home for the license to be activated.
    The second thing would be, if you don't have it, to make a backup copy of your files so as not to lose them during formatting.

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)