Acer Extensa 2511: Which SSD should I go with?

Options
Gizmo2020
Gizmo2020 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hi,

I'm considering installing an SSD in my Acer Extensa 2511. I'd really appreciate it if somebody knowledgeable pointed me in the right direction :) I mean, what model I should pick and how I should install it.

Thank you!

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,354 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Gizmo2020 I leave you the characteristics of the service manual, the equipment supports 2.5 disks, I also leave you the compatible 2.5 SSDs for the equipment according to the Crucial manufacturer:

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp) - X (aquimislibros)

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,773 Trailblazer
    edited June 23
    Options

You have two options, replace the 2.5" HDD for a 2.5" Sata-3 SSD like the Samsung 870 Evo V-NAND up to 2TB.
    2nd option is installing a Sata-3 SSD in the M.2 PCIe 3x2 slot up to 1TB.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,387 Trailblazer
    Options

That second option won't work, since there is no M.2 slot for SSDs, only the M.2 for the WLAN card and they have different signals. If you, for some reason, need a second drive in it, you can replace the optical drive with a caddy for a second 2.5" drive.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.