My pc best gaming upgrade Predator G-3 710 with an Nvidia GTX950

metalcrazy36
metalcrazy36 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited June 23 in Predator Desktops

I am running a Desktop-H6GNSEM it is a Predator G-3 710 with an Nvidia GTX950 ATX500W. I want the most affordable/best game card upgrades without adding a different fan. I don't need the expensive workhorse like the RTX3060ti costs much and would only work a few games. A list of the cards and prices for the card change.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The 10x0 and 20x0 series GPUs are fairly readily available used on the secondary markets like eBay. Check them out for pricing…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer

The Predator G3-710 desktop top of the range comes oem from Acer with the NVidia GTX1080 that will give you 335% better performance than the NVidia GTX950 that you have now, but you will have to upgrade to the G3-710s 750W PSU (see caption below) if you want to upgrade. To upgrade to a better gpu than the Acer oem GTX1080 then go to the higher spec GTX1080Ti that will improve performance to the GTX950 by 450% or even a Radeon RX6600 which will give you 365% better performance than the GTX850 that you are running now, but you will need to change the PSU to either the Acer 750W oem or a new modular PSU of at least 750W to 850W is what I recommend. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Predator G3-710 desktop Acer fitted oem GPUs and PSUs

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The 10x0 and 20x0 series GPUs are fairly readily available used on the secondary markets like eBay. Check them out for pricing…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.